palm trees - Knowledgebase Question

ST. PETERS, Mi
Question by jstreet766
had to leave florida keys ...back in MO zone 5.are there any variety hardy enough..customer saw something...and do we sell at HD...miss my palm tree tropical look!!!

0

I wish I could be more positive, but there really are no palm trees hardy enough to survive outdoors year-round in USDA zone 5. But that doesn't mean you can't grow palm trees. The trick is to select varieties that can be grown in containers so they can be moved indoors to protect them from the cold during the winter season and outdoors when it is warm enough. You will need an indoor location that receives plenty of sunlight in order to successfully grow palm trees indoors, though. You may have to settle on a houseplant with a palm tree appearance that can spend most of the year indoors and then go out on a deck or patio during the summer months. Wish I had better news for you!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"