Weed prevention - Knowledgebase Question

Atwater, Ca
Question by briangudgel
I have a beautiful, mature landscape in my yard, but it is very high maintenance. I am going to be laying down weed-preventing fabric soon. My question is this: Is there a best time of the year to lay the fabric down or should I just go for itn right now? I want to make sure it works as well as possible.

0

You can install weed barrier fabric at any time of the year. The trick is to remove existing weeds prior to the install so you don't have bulges in the fabric, even after the weeds die out. Weed barrier fabric works by eliminating sunlight. Without light, weed seeds won't germinate and weeds cannot grow. It's a long term solution to weeds in garden beds so the sooner you install the fabric, the fewer weeds you'll have to contend with. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"