Fertilizer after herbicide? - Knowledgebase Question

Gillette, Wy
Question by gabekirkpat
I just used the Bayer all-in-one crabgrass and lawn weed killer. I have a variety of bad weeds including Creeping Jenny (Field Bindweed) and Scotch Thistle. I need to know how long to wait before fertilizing my lawn. The fertilizer says to wait a week after using it to use any other weed killers or pest control but I'm not sure how long to wait the other way. The fertilizer is Scotts summer guard.

0

I think you're safe in applying your fertilizer about a week after applying the weed killer. This will give your lawn a chance to recover from the herbicide. There are lots and lots of weed and feed products on the market that combine instant weed control with time release fertilizer. The fact that you are using two separate products should not make a difference in how soon you can fertilize after killing the weeds. Hope your lawn is the greenest in the neighborhood!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"