bee balm - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
Can I grow new bee balm plants from my present plant? Are there seeds or do I need to re-root?

0

You can propagate bee balm in a number of ways: seeds, cuttings and root divisions. The quickest way is to simply divide your present plant by plunging the blade of a shovel into a section on the outer 3-4" of the clump. Replant this division and fill in around the parent plant to cover the hole. You can take several divisions in this way. The beauty of cutting parts of the plant from the outside edges is that the original plant won't go through stress because it is not being dug out of the ground and replanted and the new divisions won't go through much stress because they already have a healthy root system. Best wishes with your bee balm.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"