Brown evergreens - Knowledgebase Question

South Bend, In
Question by koko16
Several types of my evergreens are browning on the sides in large patches. Watering does not seem to help-what can I do?
Thank you.

0

Water stress can cause browning but so can insect and disease problems. If watering isn't helping, try checking your evergreens for signs of insects or diseases. Spidermites are common with evergreens and they typically leave webbing wherever they are feeding; with diseases you'll often see spots or pustules on the foliage. If you cannot see anything unusual, take a sample of the dead and dying foliage/stems to you cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis and control recommendations. Contact Purdue University Extension, 336 County City Building, 227 W. Jefferson Boulevard , South Bend, IN 46601. Good luck with your evergreens!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"