Help my grass, please. - Knowledgebase Question

Florissant, Mi
Question by lmcrosby61
My grass is turning brown and becoming very sparse because of the 100 plus temps here in St. Louis. Once the temps come down, can I fertilize during the peak of the summer? I water it often, but it's no use...HELP!!

0

Cool season grasses go dormant when the weather gets too hot for them and no amount of watering will revive them so you'll have to play the waiting game. When the temperatures cool down, the grass will green up. Feeding your lawn now will not help it green up. In fact, it will further stress your already stressed lawn. Wait until this fall to fertilize your lawn and at that time use a "winterizer" which is lower in nitrogen but higher in phosphorous and potassium - the two elements that will promote healthy stem and root growth. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"