Fertilizing lawn - Knowledgebase Question

New York, Ne
Question by Kulachiti159
My lawn begin with new sods about on May 2010. I have not fertilized yet. I have 10-10-10 fertilizer. Suggest what to do. I also need to know how to measure and apply the fertilizer. I need answer as quick as possible. Thank you.

0

You won't need to fertilize your new sod until October. At that time use a "winterizer" fertilizer. 10-10-10 is not a good formula for lawns but it is a good formula for the rest of your landscape. Lawns need a 21-7-14 or similar NPK ratio so look for those numbers on the fertilizer package. How to measure depends upon how you plan to apply the fertilizer. There are fertilizer spreaders for lawns and you set the dial on the spreader to deliver the right amount of ferilizer to your lawn. Be careful not to overapply or you can burn the lawn. The fertilizer package will have instructions for adjusting your spreader so just follow the directions on the fertilizer package and/or the fertilizer spreader instructions. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"