Can they be saved? - Knowledgebase Question

bellmawr, Ne
Question by richmcphill
In late May/early June I planted 9 emerald green arborvitae.Now two months later 2 are dead and 4 are turning to a pale green.I have used miraclegro evergreen spikes & feralizer.what else can I do?

0

Sounds like a root stress to me. They may be getting too much water, be sitting in soil that doesn't drain well, or they may have been planted too deeply (which can cause root and crown rot). It's important to water deeply but it's also important to allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Soil that remains too moist can actually suffocate roots because it drives out oxygen. I wish I could diagnose the problem for you but without an opportunity to inspect the plants, I'm at a loss as to what to suggest. Make sure the soil drains quickly and that you water deeply only once a week. Hope your arborvitae perks up soon!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"