grey color on plants - Knowledgebase Question

Stamford, Co
Question by carol385
I have sent 2 messages so far re: a grey color on my peony plants. Can you please advise??

0

Your questions didn't make it so I'm afraid they are lost in cyberspace. I know it's frustrating when you're waiting for an answer. As for your peonies, a gray coloring is most likely botrytis blight. Sanitary measures are the most effective means of control. Because the fungus sporulates so prolifically on infected plant parts, it is important to remove and destroy all infected parts as soon as they appear. In the fall, cut all stalks at ground level or below, removing as much of the stalk as possible without injuring the bud.

Several fungicides are available for control of Botrytis blight. Mancozeb-containing fungicides for Botrytis blight control include Dithane T/O, Fore, and Junction. These can be applied as a soil and foliar drench in early spring and early fall. Cleary 3336, a thiophanate methyl-containing fungicide, should be applied when the disease first appears and at 10-14 day intervals.

Good luck with your peonies.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"