cactus care - Knowledgebase Question

herndon, Vi
Question by mmzahora
i bought a potted cactus today at my local HD in Reston, va., it has about 3 differnt cactis in same pot, but it didn't have any care instructions.i want to know does it do better outside in sun or shade?or should i keep it inside a sun room? how often to water? I am a new owner of cactus but my MOM had one years ago that grew to 4ft.tall.so, help me please. thanks, mickey zahora

0

Cactus will grow outdoors in the spring and summer months but should be taken indoors during the winter months. Or, you can grow yours indoors all year around. They like bright light. Direct sunshine can burn them but if you keep them about 3' from a sunny window during the summer months they will be happy. You can move them closer to the window during the fall and winter months. Cactus should be watered once every 10 days during the summer months when they are actively growing and only once a month the rest of the year. Don't water too often or they will develop root rot. Hope your cactus grow nicely for you!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"