Size of Japanese Holly - Knowledgebase Question

lutherville timonium, Ma
Question by deepak_patel
What is the height and width? Shall I trim it like a box? How do I plant them?

0

Japanese holly can grow from 2' to 12' in height and width, depending upon cultivar. Your plant tags should indicate the mature height and width. Plant them so they have adequate growing room. It's okay if the plants touch one another but you don't want to overcrowd them. You can trim them into a formal hedge or you can just allow them to grow naturally. Once you've determine the mature width of your hollies, dig the planting holes, making them as deep but slightly wider than the nursery pots. Set the plants in the holes and fill in around each with soil you took out of the holes. Tamp the soil down and then water each one well to help settle the soil. Be sure to water your hollies on a regular basis. One deep soaking per week should be all they will need. Best wishes with your new hollies.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"