Information on Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by bcbradley
I planted st augustine sod about 3 months ago, and some of the squares did not root to well.I watered the grass as directed. Is there a fertlizer I can put down to build roots? Thanks for your helpl

0

If you prepared the soil well prior to installing the sod, and if you used a sod roller after installation, there's really no reason for the roots not to penetrate down into the soil. If some areas are not rooting, pull them up, work a half inch of compost into the soil, then re-lay the sod and stomp it down so it makes good contact with the soil. Be sure to water the areas in well after replanting. St. Augustine can be fed now with Vigoro Ultra Turf Fertilizer (or similar product) or you can wait until this fall and use a "winterizer" fertilizer. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"