Florida Oak Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Delray Beach, Fl
Question by adianethoma
Someone gave me a florida oak in August of last year that was uprooted from one yard to mine. The branches became bare, only within the last 3-4 months have they started to get grow leaves. It's been very low in reestablishing to it's new location. How long will it takes for the tree to become fuller? Is there something I can do to help it along?

0

If the tree was a volunteer in someone else's yard it probably suffered some stress when it was transplanted to your yard. Volunteer trees usually put down an extensive root system, one that's deeper than you might expect, before it begins to grow above ground. If it was a volunteer tree, it may have lost a lot of its root system when it was dug and transplanted and that's why it took so long to re-establish itself in your landscape. Now that you are seeing new growth, I think the roots have finally settled in and the tree is ready to grow. As long as you water it regularly it should be able to develop a larger root system, which will translate into lots of new branch and leaf growth. There's not much you need to do - your tree will fill out as it grows taller. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"