Persimmons plant - Knowledgebase Question

loxahatchee, Fl
Question by a16gd
the leaves on my persimmons tree are covered with dark spots alomost covering the green in the leaves. They do not turn yellow but keeps dropping off. What can I do? Thanks.

0

A common disease that infects persimmon is a leaf spot caused by a fungal disease (anthracnose). Although not deadly to adult trees, leaf spot does cause black spots to appear on the surface of leaves, and may sometimes affect fruit as well. It can also lead to early dropping of leaves. It's important to rake up the fallen leaves to stop the spread of the disease. You can use a garden fungicide to help control the disease. Sprays containing baking soda or sulfur, or a lime/sulfur (Bordeaux mix), are commonly used to control it. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Good luck with your tree!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"