Azalea's & Moles - Knowledgebase Question

Clayton, No
Question by tmauro
Azalea's heavy invasion of caterpillars. Stripping branches of leaves. What can I use to kill them? Suggestins for natural ingredients-have pets-3 dogs. Moles, used Sweeney's granules and solar sonic stake.Have 1 dachshund who digs and caught a few but need to get rid of them - she is tearing up the lawn.Can't use traps or insectidies with poison because would harm my babies.

Thank you. HELP!!

0

Caterpillars can be controlled with Bt (bacillus thuringensis), a botanical which acts as a stomach poison, targeting only caterpillars. It is sold as Dipel or Thuricide in the garden center. I'm afraid the best way to eliminate moles is with scissors type traps. The deterrents and noise/vibration making products work only temporarily. You might want to contact your local cooperative extension office for more ideas. Contact NC University, Johnson County cooperative extension, 13223 US Business 70 West Clayton, NC 27520. phone (919) 989-5380. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"