Imperial Honeylocust - Knowledgebase Question

Elkhorn, Ne
Question by amychesnut
I have planted a new Imperial Honeylocust in the back southeast corner of my home. It was doing well but over the past few days has lost most of its leaves. The branches still appear to be healthy and have new green growth. Is this common this time of year? I live in the midwest and have had very high temps the last few weeks.

0

You didn't say how long ago you planted your honeylocust. It can take a few months for landscape trees and shrubs to settle in and re-establish their root systems after planting. Since you're seeing new growth, I suspect the tree has adjusted to its new growing spot and will continue to thrive for you. I'm sure the leaf shedding was a reaction to the heat and the fact that the root system is only now settling in. Continue to give your new tree TLC and I'm sure it will overcome the setback. By this time next year it should be full and lush and growing nicely for you. enjoy!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"