Yellowing leaves/fronds - Knowledgebase Question

Collinsville, Ok
Question by cassielpar
My Cycas sago palm is yellowing. What do you think is causing this? Moved plant inside due to heat over 100 degrees. Clipped off yellow leaves. Also my Majesty Palm is drying out on the leaf ends. I am supposing both may be watering issues.

0

Sago palms don't mind hot weather so you didn't really need to move it indoors. It's normal for the lowest, oldest fronds to turn yellow. Just clip them off. If the newer growth is also yellowing, overwatering is the most common cause. Try to water completely but then allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Drying tips on your majesty palm is most likely due to dry air but might also indicate fertilizer burn or even overwatering. Majesty likes moist soil (more so than sago), but soggy soils can stress them. Try misting the plant each morning and the new fronds should not develop brown tips. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"