wandering jew - Knowledgebase Question

canton, Mi
Question by debra56
My husband bought me two beautiful wandering jew plants. There is another plant mixed in that looks similar only its green and looks more like a succulent with a little pink spikey flower. Can these plants be brought in over the winter or will they just have to die out like other annuals? Should I cut them back if I do try to winter them? They are really pretty and have really grown BIG.

0

I can't tell from your description just what the volunteer plant might be but it's obviously enjoying the same growing conditions as your wandering jews. You can take the plants indoors in late summer or early fall and grow them inside. They like bright light indoors. While you can prune them back after moving them indoors, I think they look best if they're just allowed to grow naturally. If you do decide to give them a haircut, remove only about one third of the plant during any one pruning session. If you take off too much, the plants may be too stressed to grow well for you indoors. It will be better for them to grow as they are now and when you take them outdoors next spring, you can prune them back and they'll recover quickly.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"