Bad Tasting Fruit - Knowledgebase Question

Clearwater, Fl
Question by maryrussell8
Hi! I recently moved into a house in the Clearwater, Florida area and was delighted to find a lime tree in the backyard. However, several times I have checked and the fruit is not juicy or flavorful. The tree is about 12 feet tall with no signs of disease (to my novice eye). Is the tree capable of producing good fruit or should I give up hope? What can I do? Thank you! Sincerely, Mary M.

0

I'm not sure why your limes taste bad - it could be the cultivar (some are juicier and tastier than others) or it might be weather related. I think the best course of action is to take several of the fruits into your local cooperative extension office for help with identification and a handout on caring for lime trees. Contact: Pinellas County Extension, 12520 Ulmerton Rd., Largo, FL 33774, Phone: (727)582-2100

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"