canna lilies - Knowledgebase Question

Moultrie, Ge
Question by yankeefirefl
my canna lilies had been doing great up until now..now the leaves have brown lacy looking spots all over them..i havent spotted any insects i thought it might have been slugs or snails, but have seen any what could be the problem..thanks for your time and expertise

0

I think the leaves are turning brown due to the pests feeding on them. When the foliage is damaged the edges turn brown as the plant tries to close off the wounds. Although you have not seen pests feeding on the leaves, I'm sure they have been (sneaky little critters!) My guess is that slugs or snails are feeding at night. You can go out at night with a flash light to see if you can catch them in the act. The iron based slug bait called Sluggo is very efficient in taking care of the night feeding critters. Good luck with your cannas.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"