What is the problem? - Knowledgebase Question

Merced, Ca
Question by garden_fairy
I have a huge Raywood Ash tree planted to the right of my garden and it has white speckled spots on its leaves. I've tried to figure out what it is or caused from but have had no luck. The same spots are now on my cucumber, wisteria, sage, mint, grape and potatoe leaves. Please help me find a solution for this problem. I can provide you with photos if needed. Thank You

0

If the white areas are on the surface of the leaves I suspect a disease called powdery mildew. It will spread through spores hitching a ride on wind currents or on splashing water drops. Just to make sure, take a few of the affected leaves to your local cooperative extension office, Master Gardener Clinic or well staffed nursery (put the leaves in a plastic baggie and seal it up!). If it is powdery mildew you may be able to control the disease with applications of a fungicide. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"