Basil plant - Knowledgebase Question

Atlanta, Ge
Question by jyotiyashas
I would like to plant basil in a pot. Please advise where can I buy the seeds or plant and how do I go about planting it. I reside in zip code 30338. Will the plant stay healthy year round or do I need to take special care?

0

Look in the seed racks at your local garden center and you'll find basil seeds. Basil grows nicely in a small pot on a sunny windowsill, or outdoors when the weather is warm. It is considered an annual but if you purchase a packet of seeds you'll have lots of seeds to start new plants every month or two so you'll always have fresh basil on hand. Use regular potting soil (from the garden center) and water when the top of the soil begins to dry out. Be sure to snip off the leaves on a regular basis to keep your plant growing well. When it matures and sends up a flower stalk, pull out the entire plant and plant new seeds in your pot. Enjoy your basil.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"