Browning of the lawn grass - Knowledgebase Question

Stoughton, Ma
Question by mychalx
Early in the year the grass out front and back came up really nice and Green. After we had the heat for a month the grass became brown. I cut the grass with the mower in a high setting. Why did the grass turn brown?

0

I wonder if your lawn is composed mostly of cool season grasses? If so, that would account for it turning brown, even if you water it on a regular basis. Cool season grasses thrive in the spring and the fall months when temperatures are cool but goes dormant during the heat of the summer. Warm season grasses go dormant during the cool months of the year but green up during the hot summer months. If your lawn is a cool season type turf, it will brown out in the summer but you can look forward to it greening up in September or October.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"