care of - Knowledgebase Question

lubbock, Te
Question by myl_barbstil
we just purchased a house and it has two huge pecan trees. is there any thing that we should look for to make sure that these trees are in good shape? we never have had any pecan trees before so any info you give us will be very helpful in keeping these trees in the best shape....if you need any additional info on them, let us know...thanks

0

I'm glad you're interested in providing the best growing conditions possible with your pecan trees. Since they are mature and healthy, I suspect they will remain that way, but having some knowledge about their basic needs will go a long way in ensuring their future health and production. I've found a publication from Texas A & M that details choosing, planting, pruning, fertilizing and watering pecan trees at the following website. You can download a copy for future reference:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu...

While not all of the information about training and pruning will apply to your mature trees, you'll still have lots of background information in case you notice something not quite right with your trees. I hope you find it helpful.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"