yucca dying? - Knowledgebase Question

Riverton, Ut
Question by jimmyjet92
hi i have a small yucca and i just recently noticed that on one or two leafs it has a small brown patch and that the very tip of the leaf is also turning brown, is it dying?
Thanks

0

Yuccas can develop fungal diseases if they are overwatered and/or do not get enough sunshine. I don't think your plant is dying but it is trying to communicate its unhappiness. Yucca plants need fast draining soils and while you should water thoroughly when you do water, you should make sure the soil dries out between watering. I would prune off the leaf with the brown patch to stop the spread of any fungal disease; leave the brown tips alone or prune them off your plant. To stop the new grwoth from browning be sure to adjust your watering practices. Good luck with your yucca!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"