Tomato Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Pensacola, Fl
Question by charbros
I have lived here in FL for three years. Every year I plant tomatoes. They grow very nicely and get flowers. Then the tomato worms arrive. I treat the plants with pestisides. I usually get 1 or 2 tomatoes but they either rot or get eaten by the mocking- birds. Flowers are eaten off too?? I get no tomato

0

I wonder if you are planting your tomatoes at the wrong time of the year? Tomato plants won't produce well over the summer months and should be planted Jan-Mar or Aug-Sept. for harvesting in early summer or early winter. By avoiding the hottest summer months, your plants should grow and produce well for you - and you should have fewer problems with tomato hornworms or fruit worms. For even more information about tomato growing and a list of the best varieties for your region you can check out the following publication from the University of Florida: https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/vh02...

I hope you find it helpful and I hope you have a terrific harvest!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"