Annual or Perennial - Knowledgebase Question

Dorchester, Ma
Question by Jiggijac
I was given a mixed arrangement with Gerbera, which I know is a perennial along with a purple sweet potato vine. It's growing beautifully. I just want to know if it's an annual or perennial and how to care for it. I live in Boston, MA Thanks.

0

Both plants are tropical in nature so unless you move them indoors to spend the winter months in a warm area, you'll have to consider them to be annuals and replace them each spring. If you want to overwinter them, take them indoors in the fall when the temperatures are about 55F at night. They can be coaxed to survive (but not thrive) indoors in a sunny windowsill. They wont' grow much but will sit patiently and wait for spring. When the weather warms outdoors next spring, you can take your plants back outside. Good luck with your gerbera daisy and sweet potato vine!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"