Killing Virus - Knowledgebase Question

Meridian, Id
Question by nbsidaho
Every year I lose plants to a virus. One day they are healthy and flowering/producing fruit and the next, they are wilted. How can I get rid of it? It affects both annual flowers and veggies.

0

Are you sure your plants are developing a virus and not a fungal disease? Viruses are uncommon, but they sometimes do attack plants. Usually you'll see strange colors on the leaves such as green and yellow mottling, and distortion of the leaves and stems when a virus attacks. Fungal diseases, on the other hand, can cause sudden death of plants. Without knowing exactly what you're dealing with, I'm not sure what to suggest. You might take samples of the affected plants to your local cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis before jumping to conclusions. Once you know what you're dealing with, the extension agent can suggest control measures. Contact Ada County Extension Office, 5880 Glenwood St., Boise, ID 83714-1342
Phone: (208) 287-5900.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"