Cucumbers - Knowledgebase Question

Fenton, Mi
Question by svisnaw
My cucumber plants were doing great, then started with yellow spots, turned brown and dried up. I planted new ones, in different place, and they are doing the same. Please help

0

I can't identify the disease without looking at the plants but I suspect a fungal disease called anthracnose. It's common to cucumbers and produces the symptoms you describe. It's difficult to control and can affect subsequent crops so I imagine your new plants picked up the disease because they were planted in the same garden spot. It's important to rotate crops - as you've discovered. Next time you plant cucumbers, plant them in a completely different area of the garden. If your plants begin to develop yellow spots on the leaves, Ortho Multi-Purpose Fungicide applications should help control the disease. Best wishes with your cucumbers.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"