Invasion of the Trumpet Vine! - Knowledgebase Question

laurel hollow, Ne
Question by rowseys
RE:Trumpet Vine/ Trompeta TrepadoraCampsisradicans
Hi-This is the second NY summer for my vine-it's now totally overgrown. I keep clipping it,but it continues to grow thick & totally envelops my pretty metal arbor.Can I transplant it in partial shade? How can I prop it up inexpensively? It was clearly the wrong choice for my arbor. Thanks

0

Trumpet vine is indeed a vigorous grower. I find that pruning it back only makes it grow that much faster. Your trumpet vine won't grow well in a partially shaded area. It won't flower well and will be more susceptible to fungal diseases so try to find a sunny spot if you need to move the plant. You can train it to grow up a sturdy fence or you can build an arbor out of 4X4's to keep it from sprawling on the ground. Good luck with your trumpet vine!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"