Plants to tolerate full sun in hanging pots - Knowledgebase Question

Geismar, Lo
Question by MimsKitty
Hello,
I have a three-armed planter tree with three hanging baskets with biodegradable coco liners). It is located in full sun. I have tried various plants in the hangers and they all die. Do you have any suggestions on what plants would be best for this type of planter in full sun? I also don't know if I'm over-watering or under-watering them.
Thanks for your help!
Linda
Geismar, LA

0

Those coco liners really help the soil drain quickly but they also wick water out of the potting soil so your best bet is to plant drought tolerant, heat resistant plants in your hanging baskets. Try wave petunias, portulaca, sweet potato vine, lantana, blanket flower or nasturtiums in your hanging baskets and be sure to check for watering needs on a daily basis. If the top half inch of soil is dry, it's time to water. Enjoy your hanging garden!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"