replanting - Knowledgebase Question

allison park, Pe
Question by carolg08
This past spring I planted an azalea. It s not getting enough sun where its at and I would like to transplant it to a sunnier area. Should I transplant now or wait until next spring. I am afraid of transplant shock. I live in zone 6. Thank you, Carol

0

Azaleas spend the summer developing flower buds for the following spring's floral display. Check your plant for these - look for fat buds (skinny buds are leaf buds). If you find any, it would be best to wait until late next spring, after the flowers are spent, to move your plant. If you don't see any flower buds, you can move your azalea this fall, when the weather is cool. It will settle in over the remaining fall and winter months and be ready to grow for you next spring.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"