hydrangea has fungus - Knowledgebase Question

Belton, So
Question by chelsiemorg
My Endless Summer hydrangea has a fungus, black leafspots all over it and getting worse. It's affecting blooms as well. What should I do to prepare it for fall/winter so it comes back healthy next spring? I live in the Upstate of South Carolina. Thanks.

0

Sounds like a fungal disease, perhaps anthracnose (causal fungus C. gloeosporioides). It's hard to control once it develops but you can help avoid the spread of the disease by cutting off infected leaves and avoiding overhead watering which can splash the spores onto otherwise healthy leaves. Be sure to rake and remove the fallen leaves from the garden. In the spring, if you notice spots developing, try spraying with a fungicide (such as Daconil). Repeat sprays are necessary so be sure to follow label directions. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"