my Roddie - Knowledgebase Question

Rochester, Wa
Avatar for rrsaintonge
Question by rrsaintonge
the roddies in my yard won;t stand, they get so hi then start to lay on the ground, as a ground cover. why & what can I do about them? they all are about 10 yr's old & 2 of them I've trimed way back, hopeing they'd grow into shrubs & stand tall?

It may be that your rhodies are not getting adequate light and the growth is thin and too weak to remain upright. While they may have been planted in the proper sunlight exposure 10 years ago, nearby trees or shrubs may have grown large enough to shade them excessively. There's not much you can do to restore the proper growing conditions other than to prune or thin out nearby trees and shrubs - or move your rhodies to a brighter location in your landscape.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Deep Fuchsia Color Azalea Blooms"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.