Brown rot in peaches - Knowledgebase Question

San Jose, Ca
Question by meg32
I have a white peach tree. For the 1st. two years the peaches were fine. For the past 3 years when the peaches rippen they are brown and rotted around the pit. What should I do? Thanks, Bill

0

Brown rot is a disease that can be prevented with early season fungicide sprays. Start your preventative program this summer and this fall by removing all fruit from the tree and raking up all the fallen leaves.

Fungicides must be applied before brown rot infection occurs (i.e. preventatively). During the bloom period, preventative sprays to protect blossoms from infection should begin when pink begins to show in the flower buds. Preventative treatments during the three-week pre-harvest period are very important for fruit-rot control. Repeat applications typically are required up to one week before harvest to protect fruit, depending primarily on the wetness of the growing season. Choose a fungicide from the fruit tree spray section of your garden center and follow directions for application and reapplication. Your fruit should be perfect next year. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"