2 ?'S Rooting ivy and getting rid of rhubarb - Knowledgebase Question

Columbia Falls, Mo
Question by byronottwell
I have ivy growing on my privacy fence around my hottub and want to root some cuttings to grow on my new trellis. How do I do this? Tried so many suggestions and no luck. Also, have rhubarb that I can't seem to get rid of. How do I do this also?

0

Ivy is reasonably easy to root in a container of water. Cut 5-6" lengths from the growing tips of your current ivy, strip the lower leaves and set the bare stems in plain water. Roots will develop a the leaf nodes along the stems. When the roots are 2-3 inches long, plant the new little plants. Rhubarb plants should be easy to dig up, roots and all. Once you get all the underground parts out of the garden, it should not return. Or, you can use a vegetation killer such as Round Up or Brush B Gon. These products are non-selective herbicides, though, so anything they touch can be damaged or killed so use them with caution.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"