What Is This? - Knowledgebase Question

Benbrook, Te
Question by longsmith
I planted cucumber seeds & have several healthy plants with lovely yellow blossoms. I've seen six tiny cukes which turned yellow, shriveled and dropped off. I have one 'something' growing, however. The plant looks like all the others, but it has produced a giant light green, slightly curved 'fruit' which is ridged and has bumps. The only other thing planted in the raised bed were lima beans.

0

I can't tell without looking at the fruit just what it might be. I could be a volunteer plant that was "planted" by a bird. If so, it could be the result of cross pollination of a summer squash or melon. Just out of curiosity, why not take it into your local cooperative extension office for positive identification? Your closest office is: Texas Cooperative Extension, 401 East 8th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102-5504 phone (817) 884-1945.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"