Insect pest - Knowledgebase Question

Plano, Te
Question by bannyogwu
I planted some spinach, and okra; small black insects are eating the leaves. I have been spraying soapy water on the leaves but this is not solving the problem. This is an organic garden, I need some advice on what to use.

0

It's difficult to find organic solutions for insects on leafy greens. Anything you use may not be easily rinsed off which means you will consume it when you eat the spinach leaves. Hosing the insects off with plain water is the best control method. Growing spinach in the cooler spring and fall months (as opposed to growing in August) will help your spinach avoid infestations. Something you might try next time you plant spinach is covering the row with floating row cover to exclude the pests.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"