Melon Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Elbridge, Ne
Question by dhake
The leaves of my melon plants have what appears to be rust spots on them. What might the cause be and what can I do about it

0

It's difficult to diagnose a plant problem without seeing it so I can only offer an educated guess. At this time of year, when your melons are close to ripening, it may very well be alternaria. Usually the oldest, lowest leaves are the first to show symptoms but the disease slowly works its way up into all the leaves. The good news is that the melons usually ripen without suffering any ill effects. Since we don't know for certain what the problem is, I'd just continue to give the plants water on a regular basis so those melons can ripen. At the end of the growing season be sure to remove and destroy the plant debris = and don't forget to plant your melons in a different garden spot next year.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"