Is there any help for my plants? - Knowledgebase Question

Yuma, Ar
Question by nanukgl
I live in Yuma, AZ. The weather of the area is really hot, but some plants do good here. I planted some cosmos and they were doing great, but they got this miniature white insects that look like pods, and when I watered the plants looks like dandruff.

0

What you describe sound like an insect pest called whitefly. They scatter when you approach or touch the leaf of the plant. Whiteflies are difficult to control but you can try spraying with Insecticidal Soap. It kills on contact but those insects that manage to fly away will return so repeat applications will be necessary. They usually rest on the plant in the late evening and early morning hours so do your spraying at those times. Be sure to spray the undersides of the leaves to kill off their eggs, too. Good luck with your plants.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"