Getting Rid of Tree Succors - Knowledgebase Question

Midvale, Ut
Question by the_shadowk
We just bought a home and we have a tree in our yard that we are afraid is growing into the utility lines. We were wondering if there was any way to kill the tree so we don't have to dig into the utility lines. We also wanted to find a way to kill off the succors. We also have another tree that sends out succors. Is there any way to keep it from sending them out or to keep them under control?
Thx

0

Some trees have a reputation for developing lots of suckers. It's their nature and it's hard to keep them from doing this. If suckers develop you can cut them down. There is a product called Sucker Stopper that is supposed to keep suckers from developing but I've never used it so I don't know how well it works. I prefer to simply cut the suckers down when they appear. I'm afraid I can't suggest anything to kill a tree. If you managed to kill it you'd still have to cut it down and dig out the root system so why not just hire a professional arborist to do this dangerous work for you? Good luck with your new landscape.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"