gold dust plant dying - Knowledgebase Question

Tualatin, Or
Question by andrear6
I bought 3 gold dust plants and planted them in a row, about 3 feet apart. The two outside ones are doing great, but the middle one is dying-turning yellow and drooping. It doesn't seen to be related to water, as it gets the same amount as the others. Help!

0

If you're sure the soil drainage is the same in all three spots, and you don't see any insects or signs of disease, it may be that the affected plant was planted too deeply (deeper than it was growing in the nursery pot) and crown rot developed. You may want to dig the plant and inspect the root system. Check for mushy roots (root rot) or air pockets around the roots (insufficient water). If the roots look healthy and the soil drains well, replant your gold dust and water it well to help settle the soil. Then feed it by drenching the soil with a diluted water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. I hope this shocks it into growing. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"