Canna Lily - Knowledgebase Question

Metairie, Lo
Question by clintmet
My canna lily has curled up leaves. They don't open correctly. Is there anything I can spray on them?

0

A number of things can be causing the calla leaves to curl. Check the leaves and see if there are any tiny aphids on the them. Aphids can be green, white, black, red, brown, yellow and they suck the juices out of the leaves causing them to curl, turn yellow, shrivel and die. You can just wash them off the leaves with a spray from the garden hose. If you find no insects, your plant may not be getting enough moisture or enough sunlight. If all else fails, wait until yours goes dormant, dig it up, mix some compost into the soil and replant. Sometimes just the act of digging and replanting will encourage new root growth and healthier foliage. Hope it works for yours!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"