miniture roses and 4 O'Clocks - Knowledgebase Question

Kettering, Oh
Question by ktnapier
1)Bought miniature potted rose-doing well-With fall now what do I do?In a medium pot. 2)Planted from seed 4 O'Clocks used all packet seeds in a medium size pot -have in a sunny area- Stems are spindly and I have tied them to brace up-Blooms are yellow with some red-What should I have done or do for next year?

0

The easiest way to make sure your rose gets through the winter is to place a wire cylinder around it and fill it with shredded leaves or other insulating material. You want to make sure there's plenty of room all around the pot so you can stuff insulating material around the pot, too, to keep the roots from freezing solid. Or you can place a rose cone over the plant and pot (look for rose cones in your garden center).

Four O'Clocks are usually easy to grow. They prefer full sun, but will tolerate partial shade. However, in partial shade they may grow lanky. They will do well in rich, well composted soil. Keep soil moist and feed with a diluted liquid fertilizer once or twice a month to encourage vigorous growth. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"