rolled straw - Knowledgebase Question

Graton, Ca
Avatar for jkfenley7
Question by jkfenley7
August 27, 2010
I am looking for the rolled straw that is used in landscaping for soil retention on hillsides or borders. Is this available at HD? Is there ever a way to find that has been used for a temp situation?

Answer from NGA
August 27, 2010
Straw wattles or straw fiber rolls are the common names for those erosion control products and you may be able to find information on reclaiming or reusing them, or a source to purchase them new, from your local cooperative extension office, water quality agency, Sea Grant office, or even the county works department. Start with the extension office: Sonoma County UC Cooperative Extension, 133 Aviation Boulevard
Suite 109, Santa Rosa, CA 95403-2894 Phone: (707) 565-2621. Talk first with the horticulture agent, then with Sea Grant. If that doesn't provide leads, check with the parks department, county works, and the local water quality agency. I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions. Best wishes in your search!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by chhari55 and is called "Bougainvillea 'Pink Pixie'"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.