rolled straw - Knowledgebase Question

Graton, Ca
Question by jkfenley7
I am looking for the rolled straw that is used in landscaping for soil retention on hillsides or borders. Is this available at HD? Is there ever a way to find that has been used for a temp situation?

0

Straw wattles or straw fiber rolls are the common names for those erosion control products and you may be able to find information on reclaiming or reusing them, or a source to purchase them new, from your local cooperative extension office, water quality agency, Sea Grant office, or even the county works department. Start with the extension office: Sonoma County UC Cooperative Extension, 133 Aviation Boulevard
Suite 109, Santa Rosa, CA 95403-2894 Phone: (707) 565-2621. Talk first with the horticulture agent, then with Sea Grant. If that doesn't provide leads, check with the parks department, county works, and the local water quality agency. I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions. Best wishes in your search!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"