How tp stop white cucumbers? - Knowledgebase Question

Alexandria, Vi
Question by marcieluddek
May or June when I got my first cucumbers they were nice and green. Later They were green with white streaks and splotches. Now they are white and some are yellow and others are a deep yellowish orange. I watered them every day and weeded. They are on an A-Frame stand and spread all over with lots of flowers.

0

I don't think you are harvesting your cucumbers soon enough. What you see are signs of over maturity. A cucumber is ready when it looks big enough to eat. If it loses that shiny luster, it is over ripe; when it develops a yellow color or turns white, it's beyond being over ripe - it's developing hard seeds and won't be edible. Try removing those over ripe cucumbers from the vines so your plants can concentrate on developing new cucumbers. Harvest them when they are only about 4" or 5" long.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"