Lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by bcbradley
I have st augustine grass and some of the grass blades are turning yellowish. What nutrients do I need.

0

Yellowing St. Augustine can indicate over watering, a fungal disease, chinch bug damage or a need for nitrogen or even iron. It's difficult to diagnose without actually seeing the lawn. If you've been watering your lawn often, cut back on the frequency; inspect the blades for black or rust colored specks - their presence can indicate a fungal disease; run your shoe over the top of the lawn - if chinch bugs are there they will jump onto the top of your shoe; if you haven't fed your lawn recently, it may simply need a dose of nitrogen. Hope this information helps you determine just what might be going on with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"