Grape vine has yellow leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Newbury Park, Ca
Question by jaymillertim
I have a perlette grape vine and leaves are turning yellow. It gets about 6/7 hours of full sun and I believe a sufficient amount of water. What can I do to try to make it better.? Note it is about 1 1/2 feet tall still in a container (just bought 2 weeks ago)

Thanks in advance!

0

I think your grapevine is stressed because it is still in a nursery container. A stressed plant can prematurely drop its leaves and pretend it's fall and time to rest. Root stress can come from being over or under watered, in too small a container, or if the nursery container is sitting in hot afternoon sunshine. If so, the roots can actually bake! At this point, plant as soon as possible or at least shade the container from direct sunshine until you can get your grapevine into the ground where the cool soil can help the roots recover. Best wishes with your grapevine.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"