Oriental and Asiatic Lilies Transplanting - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, Ge
Question by tmsa_whittak
Still waiting on an answer to my question: What time of the year is best for digging up these lilies and transplanting them to another location. I live in northeast Georgia.

Thank you.

0

Sorry you didn't receive an answer to your question! Things sometimes get lost in cyberspace and sometimes our responses are blocked by your email programs. Look both in your junk mail and in your inbox. I'm sure we're there somewhere! As for transplanting lilies, wait until the tops die down on their own, then dig and replant. As long as there is green foliage on the plants they are manufacturing carbohydrates and transporting them back into the bulb for storage. If you interrupt this process either by cutting off the stems or digging the bulbs, they may not have an opportunity to store adequate energy and may not bloom for you next year. Just wait until the tops die down on their own and the bulbs are resting before digging and moving them and they'll bloom right on time for you next year.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"