cannas - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
I was given several pots full of cannas (approx 15 plants) but I haven't been able to plant them in the ground due to time constraints. I'm almost sure they've rooted together so I was wondering if I should re-pot them first to see if they'll root before putting them into the ground for the winter? Also, how much time will they need to root in-ground to ensure them making it through the winter?

0

It's possible the roots have knitted together but you should be able to separate them without too much trouble. Just hold the clump so the roots are in a bucket of water and swish them around as you separate each one from the clump. The water will help loosen the roots and untangle them from one another so you should be able to gently separate each plant. I'd plant them as soon as possible so they can settle into their new homes.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"